Wednesday, January 12, 2011

I Finally Did It

I have been contemplating this for quite some time, and I finally got the balls to do it.  I signed up for CrossFit.   The amount of workout days in a week, the cost, the difficulty of each workout...  I just wasn't sure if I could do it.  After talking with some folks that workout there, seeing what unbelievable shape they are in, I just thought "What the heck - let's do this!  And for as much as I'm paying each month, dang it, I'm gonna do it!!  (There are other motivators out there as well, but nothing like a steep monthly due to get your money's worth.)  :)  


So, this also means I'm abandoning some of my running.  I still have a goal of wanting to run a half marathon, however for now, I just want to be able to complete each week with CrossFit without killing myself in the process.

So - in spite of my attention span the size of a knat's - I am determined to make this a lifestyle change.  You know, the kind I started this blog about.  I want this to be a complete lifestyle for me.   It's a great sense of community, and everyone has been so helpful.  (I was wondering around like a chicken with it's head cut off today).  I will get the hang of it.  I will see results.  I will work my ass off.  (both mentally and physically) I will make this a complete lifestyle change.  I started CrossFit on 01/11/11 -----  what a great day to start a new habit

So, this was our workout today:  (5:30pm)



Elizibeth
21-15-9
Squat Cleans (cleans)
Ring Dips

It being my first "real" night of workout, (I did a "Foundations" class last night) I was more or less just getting the lay of the land.  Figuring out the flow of how the class goes, what to do for warm-up, how to scale some exercises down to keep correct technique....  If you're not familiar with CrossFit, most workouts are timed.  I finished this workout in 16:02.  I was definitely towards the bottom of the totem pole.  Most people finished in about 12-13 minutes. BUT, I finished!  I did not perish.  I did not completely make a fool out of myself.  And I feel pretty awesome about it!


Tomorrow's workout will be at 6:15am.  I will get out of bed, I will get out of bed, I will get out of bed....

No comments:

Post a Comment